Wednesday, May 25, 2011

His Eye is on the Sparrow

"Not even a sparrow, worth only half a penny, can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.  And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to him than a whole flock of sparrows."  Matthew 10:29-31 (NLT)
It is so beautiful to me that I am so loved beyond comprehension.  He knows everything. Every. Thing.  He knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, and we are even more valuable to him than a whole flock of them.

Read Psalm 139.  It is so beautiful.  Read it aloud to really let the word's meaning ring.

God sees and knows every facet of your life.  He is powerful and present in everything - everywhere.  He is with us where ever we go, even if we try to hide in the dark.  Read those characteristics again. Sees, Knows, Powerful, Present.  This describes my awesome God, and he allows us to know him.  He wants us to know him.  He wants us to bring our every need to him.  The God that created the entire universe. (Pause.  Let that sink in.)  The God that created the entire universe loves you.

I've had this hymn, His Eye is on the Sparrow, stuck in my head for a while now.  I really paid attention to the lyrics and they say so much about our friend in Jesus and how he sets us free.  I've put the lyrics below so you can soak them up with me.
His Eye is on the Sparrow
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Refrain:
I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment