Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dwelling Place

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16 (NIV)
Being reminded that the Holy Spirit lives within me certainly makes me think twice about how I act, what I say, and how I even treat myself (diet and excercise).  We should also think about how we treat one another - how would you treat another temple/dwelling place of God?  I touched on how we should treat one another using the Golden Rule, but realizing that our fellow Christians are a dwelling place of God gives it a whole new perspective. 

I don't want to skip over an amazing part in the above verse.  God's Spirit lives IN us. "And now you also have heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you.  And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago."  Ephesians 1:13 (NLT)

Since God is in us, he is always with us, and gives us the power to do his will.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) We may just be mere humans, and feel like a task is daunting or even impossible, but God can do anything.  "Is anything too hard for the Lord?..." Genesis 18:14 (NLT)

I at times feel uncomfortable, timid may be a better word, to witness to others, but I am getting more courage because I'm remembering and believing and trusting that God is dwelling within me and gives me the power and strength to do his will.  It is a comfort knowing that he is always right there, and we don't have to go through anything alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment